Sunday, November 4, 2012

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare


Description from Netflix:
Just when you thought it was safe to sleep, Freddy Krueger returns in this sixth installment of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, as psychologist Maggie Burroughs, tormented by recurring nightmares, meets a patient with the same horrific dreams.  Their quest for answers leads to a certain house on Elm Street -- where the nightmares become reality.

Notable actors: Robert Englund, Breckin Meyer, Tom Arnold, Rosanne Barr, Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp (in a very small cameo)

My thoughts:
Once again, they find a way to have Freddy haunt the dreams of children once more.  This one comes in the form of revealing that Freddy had a kid that no one knew about.  How this went undiscovered for 30+ years is completely beyond me.  But it has been revealed here, so I guess that's all that matters.
The gags are cheesier than ever.


That's Freddy, in the middle of the phrase, "I'll get you my pretty, and your little soul too."


That's Freddy referencing Nintendo's Power Glove.

They also use 3D in this movie.  And, in typical 80s/early-90s fashion, it's terrible.

All this sounds like I hate this movie.  I don't hate it.  I like it quite a bit.  I'd say it's on par with Part 5, which is to say it was good, but not nearly as good as the earlier movies in the series.  Still, it was quite enjoyable.  And we get to see Breckin Meyer stomped to death by a video game Freddy.


It's awesome.

I absolutely loved the credits for this.  It's a montage of a bunch of the deaths from the series.  It's like taking a walk down (a murderous) memory lane.

Rating: 3/5

I'm pretty excited about re-watching Wes Craven's New Nightmare.  I've only seen it once, and I remember really loving it.  I guess we'll find out this week.

No comments: