Tuesday, March 29, 2011

House


Last night, based on the recommendation of some family, I watched house.  All I knew about it was that it starred William Katt (the star of Greatest American Hero).  I had no idea that it also starred George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) and Richard Moll (Bull from Night Court).  Needless to say, I was excited about this.

I had no idea what to expect from this movie.  80s horror can be a mixed bag.  I assumed this would fall under the category of "so bad it's funny".  As it turns out...it was funny.  It was a terrific horror comedy, in the vein of The Evil Dead and Deadalive.

It's a haunted house movie, following William Katt as Roger Cobb, a horror writer trying to write a memoir about his time in Vietnam.  He moves into the house of his recently deceased aunt...a woman who was assumed crazy, and claimed that her house was haunted.  Cobb finds out on the first night that she wasn't crazy.

Sure, there are some cheesy parts (the freeze-frame ending would definitely be included in this category)...but this was a genuinely funny movie.  I don't know if it's quite as good as Evil Dead 2 or Deadalive...but it's not that far off.  If you enjoy horror-comedy at all, you're sure to love this movie.

Rating: 5 stars

In my search for good Zombie Prom songs, I decided to take Nan Vernon's "Love Hurts" (it ran at the end of Rob Zombie's Halloween II) and add some creepy sound effects behind it.  I think it came out really well...I'm hoping it will work well as a zombie slow dance.  I'm also still searching for a good zombie DJ name.  Right now I'm working with DJ Zombi...but I'm not very happy with it.  Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DJ BRAINEATER - luv sharon