Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

It should be noted that, while I'm watching a ton of horror movies and trying to remix horror themes, my little sister is down in Chattanooga, helping a town that was recently hit with a massive tornado.  In short, she's a much better person than I, and you can follow her time in Chattanooga at her blog.  I would encourage you to swing by and check it out when you get a free minute.

Now...on to horror movies.


This movie starts with a slutty blonde chick getting part of her face bitten off by a man with three teeth.  That really tells you everything you need to know about this movie.

This one takes place in the same area as the last one, and involves the same family of murderous inbreds.  They're given more "personality" in this movie...meaning the girl laughs like Baby from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.  Also, you get to see a couple of them having sex (while the woman wears the scalp of a recently murdered girl).  You also get to see one of them...um...pleasuring himself.  It's lovely.

This movie follows a reality show set to simulate life in a post-apocalyptic world.  It's hosted by Henry Rollins (of course it is), who plays an ex-Marine.  It's a reality show filled with beautiful people, a couple strange looking ones, and one guy who you just want to punch in the face all the time.  Eventually the family find these people and kill/eat most of them.  Because that's what they do.  However, they decide to kidnap two of them (including the girl who played Pepper in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the jock from Final Destination 3).  I have no idea why they chose these people to kidnap (and not kill), but it doesn't really matter, I guess.  The girl is tied up to a chair while the family eats.  It's pretty much the exact scene from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  I will assume that this was an homage instead of a blatant rip-off.

There's a big final showdown, there is a lot of blood, and it sets up a sequel.  Which I will be watching within the next day or two.  It was going to be tomorrow, but the Red Wings, once down 3-0 in the series, won the last three games, setting up what is sure to be a fantastic game 7, so I will be watching that instead.  But I sense a doubleheader coming up on Friday: Wrong Turn 3 and The Hills Have Eyes.  Should be fun.

Anyway, I enjoyed this movie.  Not as good as the first (that may have something to do with the extreme lack of Eliza Dushku), but still an enjoyable movie.

Rating: 3 stars

It should be noted that the Zombie Prom is coming up on May 21.  That's a week and a half away.  If you can make it, please try to.  It's going to be a lot of fun.  You can find more information (and buy tickets) here.

I have also been working on remixing some horror movie themes.  At the moment, I have working remixes for Psycho, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Suspiria.  I've been working on them during my lunch break at work.  I hope to have at least one more done before the Zombie Prom (at the moment, that theme will probably be Dawn of the Dead, but I'm open to suggestions).

No comments: