Monday, May 30, 2011

Zombie Prom

As I mentioned in my last post, the Zombie Prom was a tremendous success.  Around 150 kids showed up, which far exceeded expectations.  I hope this means that we'll do it again next year.
I was slightly discouraged at first.  I had spent months putting together a playlist of monster/zombie/sinister songs, only to get 10 minutes into the event and have people start clamoring for Britney Spears, Willow Smith, Ke$ha, "The Electric Slide", and other such songs.  So the majority of my playlist was scrapped about 10 minutes in.  
Like I said, I was kind of discouraged at first, but, once I settled in, I had a blast.  I was able to mix in some of my music with some of the top 40 stuff (Rob Zombie, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Misfits, Parov Stelar, Raveonettes, some horror theme remixes, etc.).  Everyone seemed to have a ton of fun.
About halfway through the night, a big thunderstorm hit.  It didn't really do any damage, but the lightning made for a great effect.
The people at the Arts Center set up a projector connected to a laptop, which put a bunch of zombie related clips on one of the walls.  It was amazing seeing all these kids dancing while zombies appeared on the wall behind them.
So, it was a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to doing it again next year.  In fact, I hope it comes a little sooner than that.

As promised, here are some pictures.  You can find more here (courtesy of Paul Muth) and here (courtesy of Ryan Bowe).

The folks at the Arts Center boarded up the windows and made it look terrific.

Brandon and me, getting ready to start

Me






Me again (I love this pic)


The Zombie King and Queen (they were crowned to my modified version of Nan Vernon's "Love Hurts")



As you can see, there were a lot of kids there, and there were some terrific costumes.

Thanks for all the fun, kids.  Let's do it again, real soon.

As a reminder, my remixes can be found here.

No comments: